The next opportunity for Mission Priority Grant awards will be August 2019. The application deadline is July 15th.
To help congregations prepare, the Congregational Resourcing Team will host a Grant Writing Workshop
When: Saturday, June 1st at 9am – 1pm
Please arrive between 8:35-8:45am to check-in.
There will be refreshments and light snacks provided prior to and throughout the workshop.
Where: Memorial Presbyterian Church, 4141 E Thomas Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85018
To help walk you through the grant application process-what qualifies for a grant, how to address each question and how to strengthen your application, the CRT Grant Sub-Committee members will be leading this workshop.
Applications will be made available online on May 17th on the Presbytery website, as well as a hard copy to the workshop participants the day of.
There are 3 general Mission Priority Grant qualifications:
- Congregational Development and / or Collaboration Among Congregations:
- Congregational development includes both programmatic and leadership development that help churches gain clarity, purpose, focus, energy to fulfill God’s call to them. Most of this development work must come from within a congregation, its members and leaders.
- Starting New Worshiping Communities:
- We affirm God’s continuing call to this mid-Council of the Presbyterian Church that growth in the membership and mission of our part of the body of Christ can and needs to happen, in part, by adding more worshipping communities. However, the most promising energy in recent years has come from people with a passion for this work, coupled with the commitment of one or more congregations to nurture and support.
- Supporting Regional Programs:
- Regional programs will support existing congregations and Presbytery sponsored organizations in their serving or nurturing the faith development of its members. Examples of programs include: Montlure Camp, UKIRK, and the Arizona Faith Network.
Mission Priority Grants are grants funded from the Presbytery’s Mission Pledges. Since October of 2017, we have been able to fund $158,800 out of $359,275 in application requests.
If you have any questions please let us know. We hope to see you there!
Chair, Congregational Resourcing Team
Presbytery of the Grand Canyon
“With God all things are possible “
– Matthew 19:26